MEBCO was established in 1992 as a federal no-share capital corporation, operating on a not-for-profit basis. MEBCO represents the interests of Canadian multi-employer pension and benefits plans with provincial and federal governments regarding proposed or existing legislation and policies affecting these plans
- The threat to multi-employer plans is real.
The legislative framework is constantly changing, and cost-management and cost reduction are at the top of every agenda.
- Legislative changes can be significant.
Recent proposed changes have threatened to offload costs onto plans, restrict plan coverage, and have compromised the viability of some plans
- Multi-employer plans are worth protecting.
Multi-employer plans play a vital role in providing health services and retirement plans to over 1 million workers and their families in industries typified by small companies and a mobile work force.
- Multi-employer plans need a united lobby.
Multi-employer plans carry a low profile due to the fact that the coverage is thinly spread over many employer groups and mobile workers.
- MEBCO is committed to protecting your interests.
When governments propose changes, MEBCO is the single, clear voice at the table representing the unique interests of multi-employer plans.
- Letter of support of the World Pension Alliance to the MEBCO position on the Target Benefit Legislation for Collectively Bargained Multi-Employer Pension Plans
- Target Benefit Legislation for Collectively Bargained Multi‐Employer Pension Plans (CBMEPPS)
- Save the Date: 9th Transatlantic Conference, Montreal - May 10-12, 2017
- MEBCO Annual General Meeting, Feb
- MEBCO RESPONSE TO SASKATCHEWAN FINANCE AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS AUTHORITY CONSULTATION PAPER: “PROPOSED REGIME FOR NEGOTIATED COST PENSION PLANS”